- Organising English and French Courses, all/ required levels.
- Managing cost and rewards
- Monitoring courses’ process controlling quality of courses.
- Communicating with students to make sure all needs are well taken care of.
- Interviewing potential candidates and testing their language skills.
- Delivering full report of the result of the interview to management for decision making.
- Translating brochures and advertisements about HIAST to the English/ French language.
- Translating and updating (when available) HIAST site in English/ French.
- Translating English books related to the work of HIAST.
- Teaching 4th year students how to write seminars about a scientific subject.
- Supervising the scientific language writing.
- Helping and preparing students to present their seminar to a panel of judges.
- Evaluating students’ presentation language and content.
- setting and advancing the academic strategy of the Language Centre in line with the Institute’s strategic plans and direction.
- Managing, co ordinating and providing consultation for the three depts. at the language centre: (English department, French department and Arabic department).
- Accumulating and reviewing reports submitted by all departments on monthly basis and issuing annual and half year report for management review.
- making sure that all activities are carried out to the highest possible standards and putting in place the necessary evaluation and monitoring procedures to ensure both compliance and improvement.
- Preparing payment schedules of due payments for contractor teachers.
- Assisting in budget preparation.
- Attending Language centre departments’ meetings and assisting in making related decisions
- Setting curriculum for all years according to the Institute’s needs.
- Co ordinating between teachers in same year and in different years
- Refresh and develop new programmes to attract students and motivate them
- Ensuring that staff performance is managed appropriately and in a way that is consistent with the expectations of the Institute (HIAST), and that fair workload allocation processes are in place.
- Preparing notes on critical problems and situations concerning teaching process and/ or teachers students relationship.
- Suggesting solutions, discussing them with members of committee and issuing decisions to be delivered to management.