- About the program
- Program rules
- Program courses
- Academic staff
The program aims to achieve the following:
Supporting national development through the training of specialized natural resource management staff in terms of preserving and rehabilitating natural resource systems by developing the concepts related to interrelationships between terrestrial, water, coastal, economic, social, cultural and legal systems, and their integration with the factors that help in maintaining natural resources and their good management.
Developing the research environment and teaching methods in different areas of science supporting the principle of integrated resource management
Capacity building in terms of specifying natural resources and their environmental, economic and social importance, in addition to defining the foundations for sustainable investment.
Capacity building in terms of setting priorities in the management to be applied to all available resources at the local, regional and national levels.
Developing skills related to the use of information and data resulting from scientific research as well as monitoring and control programs, and employing the output to develop visions, policies, strategies and plans for the optimal management of natural resources in order to achieve the development of the life of the population and raise their level of well-being at the local, regional and national levels.
Capacity building in terms of setting strategic goals and short, medium and long-term planning for the optimal investment of natural resources at the local, regional and national levels.
Providing an environment for interaction and a networking platform among the sectors of academy, production, service and community to meet the requirements of regional and global competition.
Enhancing the role and securing the needs of the knowledge society.
Enhancing the role of society in maintaining natural resources and participating in the optimal management of these resources in line with their integrated management.
Achieving the highest level of interaction between the university and the society, with its economic and social institutions, in order to link the university with society.
Keeping up-to-date with the scientific development related to natural resource management in a manner that achieves sustainable development.
- On the knowledge level:
The student is expected to have the following intellectual capabilities:
- To learn about the process of integrating modern scientific and administrative technologies within a unified framework with the aim of securing the investment of natural resources in the regions and at the national level.
- To master the integration process.
- To be able to collect scientific information and determine its reliability for decision-making.
- To be able to discuss and defend the decisions taken to protect and preserve the natural resources in the regions based on scientific information.
- To continue searching for developments in environmental sciences.
- On the emotional level:
- Seeking to integrate modern scientific and administrative technologies into the service and well-being of the population.
- The ability to participate in protecting the natural human heritage nationally, regionally and globally.
- On the performance level:
The student is expected to have a range of abilities, including:
- The ability to effectively participate in the appropriate decision-making process to ensure sustainable investment of natural resources at various levels.
- The ability to implement participatory and collaborative decision-making process.
- Working constantly to develop themselves and improve their performance.