Steps to start a graduation project:
- At the beginning of the semester the student works by choosing the field of research to be written on according to the following fields:
Project management, accounting, financial management, marketing, human resources management, managerial information systems, management, organizational behaviour, economics, strategic management, operations and law management.
- The student can nominate a supervisor for his/ her graduation project, and this is taken into consideration by the program manager, who in turn works to select the student’s supervisors in accordance with the student's field of research.
- Four synchronized sessions are conducted with the student by the supervising doctor to give his/ her notes on the project being worked on.
Three reports are sent by the supervising doctor to the director and assistant director of the program, confirming the proper follow-up of the student in completing a project.
The first report: defines the title of the project, the place of study (the practical situation), the name of the student, the name of the supervising professor and the theoretical background of the research topic: Previous studies, the problem of the research or project, the objectives of the research or the project, work or research methodology of the project, action Plan.
The second report: It is sent by the supervising professor on the progress of work on the project based on a proposal by the student that includes a summary of the work that is being done.
The third report: Also sent by the supervising professor, indicating his/ her approval of the final work accomplished.
Finally, the final project is uploaded to Moodle (LMS) by the student after nominating his supervisor for discussion.
The files to be uploaded to the LMS system
- A Word file that contains the master's project prepared by the student according to the guide sent by the program administration.
- A Word file that contains a summary of the master's project in the Arabic language (nearly a page) and in English (nearly a page) according to the decision issued by the University Council No. 331 issued on: 16/6/2013.
- A Power Point file that contains a slide show of the project, about 15-20 slides including the most important ideas in the project: introduction, research problem, research hypotheses, theoretical background, practical aspect, results and recommendations.
- A video recording file (slideshow) using the Linktivity program used in Web Demo. This file contains a record for 10-15 minutes during which the student will present his/ her project as if they were presenting it in front of the committee,
While avoiding reading the slides, but providing the necessary explanations, the slides will have a helping role in the presentation attention should be paid not to exceed the size of the video file for more than 40 megabytes) because the maximum upload limit for all files is 50 megabytes.
Steps and mechanism for discussing the graduation project:
- A judging committee is formed for each student consisting of two members of a judicial panel and each member of the discussion committee shall download the student files from the LMS system.
- The graduation project is viewed through the files uploaded by the student and the questions directed to the student will be determined through the synchronized session.
- Each member of the committee determines the timing of a synchronized session with the student and informs the student of this appointment (by e-mail after the appointment has been coordinated by phone and a copy to the program director and to the assistant program director has been sent).
- Each panel member creates a session on the SVUIS system and sends its details by e-mail to the student and a copy is sent to the other committee member and to the program director, and the assistant program director.
- On the date and time of the session, the student and the committee member who created the session will log in and the discussion will take place. In all cases, the discussion session must be synchronized in the presence of both the student and the committee member. It is not permissible to give a recorded session or to record notes to the student in the event that he is unable to log into the session, to give the student the right to answer questions and defend his project.
- The previous point is repeated with the other committee member.
- Each member of the committee uploads his/ her defense session file with the
- After completing the student’s discussion, and in the event that there are required amendments given by one of the committee members, the student is required to take the observations requested by the committee member and amend the project accordingly, then send them via email to the committee member who requested the amendments and a copy to the other committee member for approval by the other committee member who requested the amendments, within a period not exceeding a week from the date of the discussion.
- Coordination takes place between the two members of the judiciary Committee to agree to grant a joint mark in the event that there is a consensus between them or two different marks in the event of disagreement.
- The marks are sent by the members of the judging committee and the supervisor by e-mail to the program director and the assistant director of the program, and the mark shall be out of 100
- The marks are calculated as follows: The supervisor's score is combined with the mark of the first committee member and the score of the second committee member, and the result of the total is divided by three